It's all about HAIR REMOVAL..and not AIR!!
After a fruitful week spent among 2 business meetings and 1 presentation ("kika...tnx for being such a good connector ...hihihi!!!) I decided to spend my saturday evening taking care of my body (not only my brain needs food..also others' eyes and hands!!.."Mens sana in corpore sano", said the advertising of Siena's soccer team!!)Thus, I went to CVS and then to Walgreens...nothing..I didn't find a worthy substitute of my loved "silkepil", that the different standard in the electricity system doesn't want to accept (110 vs 220 volts!).
I asked the salesman (I thought he was like a "good shop assistant"..): "Please, could you tell me where I can find Silkepil or Epilady?...since he didn't know those brands, I said "it's an electronic device for hair removal"...he was so rude (he was not native american, so even his english was not perfect), that he told me, looking at me with weird and silly eyes..."which language are you speaking!?!?!" do you want something for AIR removal..............???? I felt so bad....so embarassed....
ok, as I learnt afterwards, I should have said electric not electronic, and avoid to put H before any strange word...but I want just to say...the main duty of a salesman should be "be kind and say "please, could you say it again?!"...and not make me feel so lost in translation"...

1 Comments:
At lunedì, maggio 29, 2006 11:20:00 AM,
Fabio said…
Hi Checca!
Did you remove your AIR succesfully?
How was not breathing for a while?
Hehehehe....
DOn't worry, I make mistakes like these all the time.
Fabbbbio
Posta un commento
<< Home